Personalized fundraising campaigns are a new way for SacSCIP donors to show support for the cause they care about during Big Day of Giving on May 2, 2019! Donors create their own fundraising pages—complete with a title, photos and/or video, and a personal story—on the Big Day of Giving website and set goals for the amount they’d like to raise during Big Day of Giving for SacSCIP. Donors can then encourage their network of family, friends, and colleagues to support SacSCIP by sharing their campaign’s URL via email, on social media, and more!
Here is an example campaign page: Mike’s #BDOG2019 Fundraiser [https://www.bigdayofgiving.org/scipfounder]
This new tool for BDOG2019 is powerful and has the ability to help us raise more money than ever before because YOU can help your circles better understand the work you do with SacSCIP and show them your passion.
After you have completed/submitted your page, a link will be sent to you that can be shared on your social media forums and via email to help reach your goal. This campaign is very similar to a “go fund me campaign” in that you will set a dollar amount that you wish to raise within your circle of friends and families.
When creating your fundraising campaigns, it is important to remember to make your descriptions personalized and remember that these will be shared with only your friends and colleagues… again, relate your descriptions to YOUR experience with SacSCIP and the kids we serve.
This process will take less than 20 minutes.
Directions on how to set up your very own SacSCIP Campaign page
- Step 1: Go to WWW.BIGDAYOFGIVING.ORG/SACSCIP
- Step 2: Click “FUNDRAISE” at the top right of the page.
- Step 3: Click “CREATE PROFILE” at the top left of page.
- Step 4: Create profile. Be sure to enter a custom url link that pertains to you… for example www.bigdayofgiving.org/scipfounder.
- Step 5: Create fundraising campaign by filling in fields. People follow passion and “why” SCIP is important to YOU…. Let them know!
- Step 6: Submit for approval! DONE!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our #BDOG2019 event captain Sean LaTour at projectlifelong [at] sacscip [dot] org.