…Relax. At least for a couple of weeks starting the first part of June. With school ending June 5th, we are winding down a very successful school year. My hope is that we all take the time to reflect on all of the good things we do for our students – Even our small successes should be accounted for since they can have a profound impact in a child’s self-confidence.
Summer will bring some outdoor adventures for SCIP members, along with some fun events in the Arden-Arcade community. Summer is also the time for a great deal of planning for all of the fall & winter programs, especially since our deputies aren’t hanging around the schools as much.
Let’s take a look at some of the fun things SCIP/YSU did throughout this past school year.
- Lunchtime with YSU
- Deputy Friend
- Sheriff’s Helicopter landing at Dyer-Kelly, Howe, & Greer
- Funding from Kaiser Permanente to pay for two additional deputies visiting our schools
- Sac Metro Fire
- Flag Football
- New goals and equipment at Greer
- Funding from Mission Oaks Recreation & Park District & Gliddon Paint (Arden Way)
- Girl’s Circle (at Encina)
- Sheriff’s Toy Project & the annual Holiday Assistance program at Swanston
- Quad riding
- New administrators at Encina, Howe, and Greer… You were all phenomenal in demonstrating your support towards SCIP/YSU and without you, all of our programs would be boring.
A big thanks to all of the volunteers who made these programs possible.
Have a great summer and check back often to find out what we have going on.